Those listening to public safety communications on the SEGARRN system in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, and Liberty County may have recently begun hearing the Glynn County Fire Department on the system due to Glynn County’s recent move of their public safety communications from the Glynn County TRS to the SEGARRN system. For those not familiar with Glynn County or the Glynn County FD, here is an overview of their talkgroups and department.
Glynn County FD is dispatched by Glynn County 911 but decisions on responding units are sometimes changed or supplemented by Fire Control out of Station 1. When monitoring Glynn County FD, it’s important to remember that they use “Squad” for an ambulance – so their Squads are EMS units. Since the change, I’ve been using a combination of ID Tracker III and Unitrunker to try to find out what talkgroups the Glynn County FD and Brunswick FD are using.
So far, two SEGARRN talkgroups have been discovered for the Glynn County Fire Department:
- 13320 – Glynn County FD 1
- 13324 – Glynn County FD 2
It’s quite possible that there are more talkgroups for the Department but so far these are the only ones that have been discovered. Keep a watch on this blog and the RadioReference website for updates.
Glynn County Fire Department Station Locations/Apparatus
- Station 1 – Station 1 is located at 4310 Community Road, covers the central part of Glynn County, and also serves as the Glynn County FD’s headquarters. Engine 1, Squad 1, Rescue 1, Ladder-Tower 1, Tanker 1, Engine 11, and the Deputy Chiefs (51, 52, and 53) ride out of Station 1
- Station 2 – Station 2 is located at 1929 Demere Rd on St. Simons Island and covers the south part of St. Simons Island and Malcolm McKinnon Airport. Engine 2, Squad 2, and Rescue 2 ride out of Station 2.
- Station 3 – Station 3 is located at 127 Grants Ferry Rd and covers the northwest part of Glynn County. Engine 3 and Squad 3 ride out of Station 3.
- Station 4 – Station 4 is located at 3581 Frederica Rd and covers the central part of St. Simons Island. Engine 4, Squad 4, and Ladder 4 ride out of Station 4.
- Station 5 – Station 5 is located at the Brunswick Golden Isles Airport and covers the northeastern part of Glynn County. Engine 5 rides out of Station 5 as do CFR (Crash-Fire-Rescue) 5 and 11 to provide crash/fire coverage for the airport.
- Station 6 – Station 6 is located at 3320 Highway 17 South and covers the southern part of Glynn County. Engine 6 and Squad 6 ride out of Station 6.
- Station 7 – Station 7 is located at 2911 Lawrence Road on St. Simons Island and covers the northern part of St. Simons Island. Engine 7 and Tanker 7 ride out of Station 7.
- Station 8 – Station 8 is located at 141 Public Safety Blvd and covers the northern part of Glynn County. Engine 8 and Squad 8 ride out of Station 8.
In addition to the stations above, Squad 11 rides out of Brunswick FD Station at 1201 Gloucester St to provide EMS coverage to the city of Brunswick.
The Brunswick Fire Department is also dispatched by Glynn County 911, but they have their talkgroups on which they’re dispatched and operate. Their Stations are located on 1201 Gloucester St. on the south side of the city and 3129 4th St. on the north side of the city. The talkgroups found so far for the Brunswick FD are:
- 13334 – Brunswick FD 1
- 13335 – Brunswick FD 2
As with the Glynn County FD, watch this blog and the RadioReference website for updates.